HOW TO ADD BOKASHI TO A PLANTING CONTAINER
- Empty and clean a planting container such as a terracotta pot, plastic plant pot or ceramic urn.
- Cover the drainage hole with stones, terracotta pieces or coconut husk.
- Add a thick layer of your existing soil (sand, rice husk charcoal, or garden soil).
- Add a layer of dry leaves if available.
- Add some or all of the contents of your fermented bokashi bucket.
- Add more soil and mix with the bokashi layer so all the food waste is lightly coated with soil.
- Fill the container with soil.
- Wait one week then plant.
A good basic mix is 2 parts soil, 2 parts dry leaves, 4 parts bokashi, 2 parts soil.